Sunday, February 3, 2008

The "No" Factor

Though I do not feel the need to justify the name of my blog (my often enslaved social existence enjoys it's liberty in this territory), I would just like to add a few lines in connection to the "no" factor just for the records.

Putting "no" both in front of logic and logo does not reflect any absolute denial. Frankly I do not believe in "absolutes" too much...I have used the "no" word as a denial of our mainstream/ popular perceptions of certain ways of life and logic.

As for example both material (brand names) and symbolic (often ending in "ists" , "isms" etc) logos typically place us within a class or social strata, the codes of which has been preformulated and we are left with the task of harmonizing ourselves best within that coded system. It is actually often a very convenient escape for us , confused and eternally challenged humans, to find a quick niche that will save us the complicated task of figuring our ways out through nuances. I myself do not claim to be free of logos (I talk here mostly of the symbolic ones), but I do want to continue my struggle to defy them as much as possible.

The part of logic I think is far far complicated. Our whole human superiority is based on the claim that we are rational, we are logical..So it's totally illogical and absurdly stupid for me to deny that, and I dare not make any attempt to do so...
What my logical mind instead guides me to propose at best is to appreciate the logic, which often sounds illogical to our structured existence and set aside the known perception of the word atleast for sometime. I also use it in my defense, so that my ameture thoughts and scribbles are pardoned from a serious trial....

3 comments:

Sourav said...

I really respect you for your constant struggle for refinement of ideas. But please do not limit that effort to making a single post better and better, correct and more correct.

I am waiting to read a new post.

Srestha said...

perfectionist !!!!! haa haa haa..
caught in the same "ist" trap....

Sourav said...

you are becoming a no-logo-ist..