Thursday, February 14, 2008

Love in the time of Market...

It's mid January... the welcoming of a new year is barely over and stores all around are being dressed up for another celebration.. Feb 14th is approaching. Marks of reds, pinks, chocolates and alike are spreading the warmth, which melt our hearts like the melting chocolate in the small pot where our strawberry emotions are ready to get dipped and drenched. And Hallmarks and roses, produced and hauled over long distnces, are being delivered to our doorsteps to rhyme, sing and express the blooming heart.

A celebration indeed. It seems that all around the world people are waking up to the call of love. Waking up to produce, manufacture, market, sell and purchase the love which has been waiting all year long for Valentines Day. I only wish we could manufacture such love, such warmth in every avenue of "life"....But alas, we still lack the technology, the power and above all the mind to develop such factories. Anyway, I decided to set the sighs aside, and concentrate on the celebrations around. But what a nagging mind I have. It now demands some "gourmet love". Love as in peoms that I read on a sunny afternoon or rainy day, in songs with diffused lights that walks me through romantic dreams, love that flows down the pen like unbound emotions, love that is planted and nurtured carefully in the backyard or the flower pot in the balcony, love that is laid down on the plate by the warm fingers. Yes my mind demands such things, my naive mind...and I can't ignore that anymore. Thus I step outside the marketplace with empty hands seeking my unfabricated love, one which the market failed to deliver....



I would love to dedicate this piece to those minds that sustain the dream of unfabricated love...
A dedication also to the piece
http://www.anandabazar.com/14edit3.htm

and
Jatiswar ( Sumon Chattopadhyay)

No comments: