Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Sliding Economy, Landslide Victory

I have been planning for a while to get back to the keyboards and start putting my thoughts and experiences here since summer, but something or the other has pushed my desires into the backseat.
Yesterday night's landslide of Obama finally did push me out of my bed and make me sit in front of the computer after a brief 4 hrs. sleep!!!!

It's not the surprise of the landslide that was behind the 4 hours, nor was just a fantastic Obamania, it was the culmination of the events, the causes and effects, the unveilings of the veiled over the past few months which did have a cumulative effect on my hormones.

2008 will be a memorable year not only for the US citizens, but for the global society. From a racial revolution to economic revealation, it did throw a light on a lot of prejudices and our smoke-screen existence. Whatever may be it's duration, but the events did create some watershed moments. Moments when we saw major shake-ups
(and fortunately some acknowledgements) in the invisible economic bubble, when visibility has been sought after against an unreal utopia, when people were made to think twice before uttering racial biases. Yes, facts over faith have gained relevance, and all I can hope is this relevance will make our existence a little more relevant.

No comments: